Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Bash 2010

Happy Halloween, everyone!  First of all, let me say thank you to everyone who sent kind words & prayers our way when we lost my husband's Grandad.  It's so nice to have such sweet online friends!  Even though I haven't met each you in person, I feel like I know you all!  So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness!


Now, on to the Halloween fun!!!  We had our annual Halloween Bash at our house last night!  I was extremely STRESSED trying to get everything ready for the party in ONE DAY (we travelled 6 hours away to WV for the funeral services) , but I got it done & everyone had a spook-tacular time!


We had 8 little ghosts & goblins & lots of adult spooks as our guests!  We had a make-your-own chili bar, chicken nuggets for the little ones, and a ton of sweets & treats!  The highlight of the evening was a moonlit & chilly hayride around our neighborhood!

Here's my Lil' Pumpkin dressed as Thomas & all ready for our guests.


{Treats Table}
For the Treats Table, I covered my buffet table with cute Halloween fabric & the backdrop fabric was black and sparkly!  I made or enhanced all of my serving dishes except the cupcake stand.  My favorite is the black & white polka dot candy dish (I followed the i heart naptime's tutorial).  For my two trays, I bought round gold trays for $1.25 each at the Target Dollar Spot & spray-painted them black.  I used my Dollar Tree apothecary jars for the rest of my treats!  

{Owl Smores}
Remember the post I did about these cuties ~ they were a hoot!  


{closeup of the candy dishes: candy corn & Hershey's Minis added festive flair} 


{Spirit Pops}
I made white chocolate ghost-shaped suckers following a tutorial on Martha Stewart's Halloween TV special.  (Sadly, there were 11 ghost casualties as I tried to peel them off the wax paper before I figured out how to do it.)  I anchored them in one of my jars full of candy corn kisses.

{my cheater cupcakes}
I recently saw a party designed by Amanda of Shindig Parties to Go.  She suggested using store-bought, pre-packaged goodies & dressing them up, so that's exactly what I did.  It turned out great because I wouldn't have had time to make lots of treats anyway!  For my cupcakes, I bought chocolate & orange Hostess Cupcakes, added my cupcake wrappers & toppers (on black coffee stirrers).  I tied black tulle to my cupcake stand, added my cupcakes, and voila, DONE!!!


{Spook-eos & Baby Spider Cakes}
I bought vanilla Oreo Cakesters, rolled them in sprinkles, and stuck sugared owls on top with a bit of icing.  I also bought 100 Calorie Pack Brownie Bites and added sugared spiders to the top of them.  I displayed them on my black tray with a scrapbook paper placemat underneath (looks kinda like a spiderweb, don't you think?)


{Chilling Chili in a Cauldron}
For the dinner buffet, I draped my countertop with a cute orange & white ghost tablecloth.  I set my crock pot inside a plastic cauldron and my hubby drilled a hole in the back for the cord.  I used my chalkboard frame for a cute sign.


{Bewitching Beverages}
The kiddos loved the pumpkin straws (from Dollar Tree).  We served juice boxes for the little ones, apple cider, sweet tea, and water.


{Make-your-own Chili Bar)
To accompany the "Chilling Chili," guests could choose to add "Monster Fingers" (fritos), "Squished Ghost" (sour cream),  "Blonde Witch Hair" (shredded cheese), and "Frog Eyes" (olives) to make their meal complete!

{favor bags}
I saw the idea for this Moon & Bats treat bag a long time ago, but apparently, I didn't bookmark it, & I can NOT find it again, so if anyone knows where it came from, please let me know so I can give credit! I was planning on making black & orange playdough for each child, but with the time restraints, I just bought the mini playdough containers.  So, each child got some playdough, a Halloween cookie cutter, and a jack-o-lantern mini notebook.

{Outdoor Decor}
We had haybale seating around our bonfire & cute Halloween paper lanterns for spooky ambience!  How cute is the Cowboy Family? ~ i love it!!  I hope everyone had a fun & 'boo'tiful evening!


FROM MY FAMILY TO YOURS, WE HOPE YOU HAVE A SPOOKY & FUN HALLOWEEN!!!


If you had or attended a Halloween party & have pictures to share, I would love to feature you!  Send them to moomootutu@gmail.com!

No comments: