The first is Owl Smores & the recipe comes from Amy at Living Locurto. I think these are a "hoot" (sorry, couldn't resist)! My Lil' Pumpkin, however, is a little scared of owls, so I'm hoping to talk him into helping me make these for the party! If he helps, he'll be more agreeable to them! :)
Go HERE for the recipe!
The second tasty treat is White Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Cookies from Cookies and Cups. These look so yummy & fallish (is that a word, if not, it should be, so I'm making it one) :)
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
2 cups AP flour
3 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 (12 oz) bag white chocolate chips
1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
3 T. butter
1/4 cup milk
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1. Preheat to 350
2. Cream butter and both sugars with mixer.
3. Beat in egg, vanilla and pumpkin.
4. Combine dry ingredients and slowly add to butter mixture.
5. Mix until combined.
6. Stir in white chocolate chips.
7. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet. (Batter will be sticky)
8. Bake approx 12 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
9. Let sit on baking sheet for at least 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool.
1. combine brown sugar and butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil and continue cooking 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Mixture will slightly thicken.
4. With hand mixer beat in milk until smooth. 5. Slowly add in powdered sugar until spreadable consistency. ( I used all 2 cups).
5. Spread approx 1 teaspoon on each cookie.
Makes approx 3 1/2 - 4 dozen.
Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.
I hope you enjoy these tasty treats!