Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mimi's Purple Fall Majesty Birthday


Today, we had a birthday party for my Mama ("Mimi"). Her favorite color is purple and her second favorite is orange, so that was the obvious color scheme for the party. Also, since her birthday is in October, the theme was fall. So, my name for this party package is "Purple Fall Majesty". It is available along with my "Boo" party package on my Etsy page as a DYI printable file.

I decorated my new cupcake stand (inspired by Kim at the TomKat Studio) with purple cardstock, orange & purple ribbon, and a Dollar Store pumpkin on top. This was my first attempt at making cupcakes and icing from scratch (not too bad, or so my family says). It was so much fun and I think it will get easier with more experience.

Mimi's choice for the menu was hotdogs, chili, potato casserole, fruit, & cupcakes ~ an awesome fall night dinner!

I found orange & white toile plates at Hobby Lobby, plain purple napkins, orange plastic silverware (which Mimi washed to use again =). My centerpiece was very simple ~ a hurricane glass vase with an orange candle & two small purple hydrangea bouquets. I decided not to use a tablecloth to expose my farmhouse table. It was simple, yet elegant.

Happy Birthday Mimi, we hope you had a wonderful time!

No comments: