Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wedding Wednesday {Colors of Savannah}

Happy Wednesday, folks!  Time for another beautiful wedding...well, make that two weddings!  Sam & I went to a friend's wedding on Saturday, but silly me forgot my camera!  What kind of blogger am I, really???  But, I did manage to snap a few pics with my phone.  They're not the best quality, but it was better than no photos at all, right?


the cake embellished with fuchsia & black ribbon

the bride & groom's 1st dance

Amanda, the beautiful bride!

Congratulations, Amanda & Josh, I wish you all the happiness in the world as you begin your journey as Mr. & Mrs.!

While searching for wedding ideas, I found a one at Southern Weddings that took place in one of the prettiest cities I know...Savannah, GA!  We visited last year and I loved the beauty and history of the city!  One aspect that stuck out to me about this wedding is that the bride did not choose one or two colors, she chose them all!  I am smitten with  anything rainbow-colored, so I absolutely LOVE this wedding!   

There were pops of color in the flowers and decor, but the attire (like the Vera Wang wedding gown) & food was kept simple, yet elegant,  so as not to go into color overload!  All aspects of the south were incorporated into this celebration such as BBQ, Bluegrass music, pecan-topped cookies, and a rock candy decorated cake!  It looks like such a fun and whimsical evening! 


The aisle was lined with mason jars filled with wildflower bouquets hung from garden hooks embellished with colorful ribbons.

The ceremony was set up in the middle of Greene Square in Savannah.

Gray curtains lined the reception tent interspersed with multi-colored ribbons!

An old window turned chalkboard served as a cute sign for the sweets table.

Ribbons were used again to top the tables.

The happy couple wheeled away into married bliss!
Photobucket

No comments: