Saturday, June 18, 2011

Super Saturday {Baby Under Construction}

New to the shop today is my BABY UNDER CONSTRUCTION Printable Collection!  This collection was designed for my sweet friend, Bridget, who is having a baby boy in July.  She already has an adorable little girl, Livia (Noah's "girlfriend"), but I wanted to celebrate her first boy with a little shower at my house.


I chose orange, lemon yellow, and black for my color scheme.  I also designed a silhouette graphic of a pregnant girl to be my "Construction Logo," {B.U.M.P ~ Baby Undergoing Master's Plan}.


I put my "Bump Ahead" sign on the front door with some caution tape.  I also lined the driveway with traffic cones with balloons tied to them.  {It was so hot that day, the balloons popped before I got a picture~ugh!}

I set the table with a yellow tablecloth and a runner made from orange burlap.  


I wrapped mason jars with the burlap too to hold my daisies interspersed with (Noah's) tools


I wrapped my silverware in white linen napkins, folded them to look like diapers and pinned them all together with diaper pins.  I topped them with yellow bows.


I served lime chips with queso dips, veggies and cucumbers, sausage rolls, lemon blueberry trifle, and a fruit salad. (YUM!)


I hung strips of caution tape around my beverage table.  I served sweet tea and lemonade in my mason jar glasses.  Then, I tied on my cone drink tags with each guest's name.


I ordered delicious cupcakes from a local bakery, Sweet Celebrations and then put them in my orange burlap wrappers and then added my cupcake toppers.


I set up a favor table with goodies to help keep the guests' hands pretty ~ nail polish and manicure supplies.




The guests got to fill up these cute baskets with their favors to take home.

Guests were asked to write baby boy advice in this "Baby Boy Blueprints" book for the Mommy to keep for future reference. :)


I decorated my mantle with framed lyrics to the children's song, "He's Still Working On Me" and some of Noah's construction toys.


 I also framed our Construction sign.


During the shower, guests were asked to choose an iron-on transfer, and iron it onto a onesie for the new baby boy! 


Here are all our cute onesies!

And finally...the super adorable Mommy!
Bridget, I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet the new baby Luke!  Best wishes!

The BABY UNDER CONSTRUCTION collection is available in my shop now.

Click HERE to view the full collection!
Photobucket

No comments: