Monday, June 20, 2011

My Buckaroo Monday {Father's Day}

This past weekend was ALL ABOUT DADDY!!!  I believe in celebrating special occasions for a week/weekend, not just a day...how about you?  So, on Friday night, Noah & Daddy roasted marshmallows in the backyard & caught some fireflies in a jar!  On Saturday, Noah & I surprised Daddy with a special breakfast and then took him shopping to pick out his present of new clothes!  On Sunday, we went to church, to eat at Olive Garden (one of Dad's faves), and then to Gatlinburg for a fun evening!


I was going to make some custom printables for my Father's Day Breakfast, but I found the CUTEST free collection at Shindig Parties to Go, so I was so excited to use those!  Thanks, Amanda, for saving me tons of time and for being so generous with your creations!  

I also downloaded a template to make this "World's Best Pop" can wrapper, but I cannot remember where I found it.  If it is your creation, or you know who created it, please let me know, and I'll give proper credit.  Anyway, I tweaked it to match my other printables and wrapped a can of Diet Coke (although Sam didn't drink this till later in the day).  I guess I'm the only one who drinks caffeinated soft drinks for breakfast...hello Mello Yellow!  :)

I made strawberry muffins, used my burlap wrappers, and topped them with Amanda's tie toppers.

Yummy strawberries accompanied our muffins.

I took a picture of Noah wearing Sam's clothes and made and 8x10 print with the photo and a poem called "Walking with Daddy." I framed it and added it to our breakfast buffet table.


Here is the gift certificate I made for Sam since there were no actual gifts to open.

Here is Daddy & Noah in Gatlinburg

I am so blessed to have a husband who is the kind of Daddy who loves his little boy with all his heart!  Noah is such a sweet boy because his Daddy is such a loving example!  I hope you had a wonderful Father's Day, Sam!  
Photobucket

No comments: