Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Greatest Show on Earth

Last Saturday, we took Noah to Barnum & Bailey Circus for the first time!  I, of course, had to make Noah a special shirt to commemorate the special occasion!  I made a design & simply ironed it on, because I haven't ventured into the world of sewing yet.  


We had a great time & the circus is MUCH different than I remember it being when I was a child.  It was flashier, with more incredible acrobatic acts, magicians, and music.  Noah's favorite part was the elephants!  He made a trunk with his arm made the elephant noise to "talk to his friends, the elephants," when he saw them.  So cute!  


So, I am in the process of "learning" how to switch my camera from auto to manual.  I have always LOVEd photography, but never thought that I could actually learn how to take awesome pictures.  I still don't know for sure if I can, but I'm going to give it a shot.  While blog surfing, I stumbled across an amazing photography site, Kristin Duke Photography.  There, I discovered that she had a photography E-book for sale called "Say No to Auto; 3 Basic Steps to Understanding Manual Settings."  It was $10 and included 18 pages of the basics of switching your camera to manual for good.   So, I bought it!  It is awesome...sized to print as 4x6 pictures so you can put the pages on a ring and take it with you.  I'm still studying, so please forgive me for the dark, and sometimes blurry pictures.  I have a new 50 mm lens on order, so maybe when I get that, I can take some better photos.  Be patient with me...hopefully I can learn how to take beautiful pictures like so many talented photographers out there (fingers crossed)!


Anyway, here are a few circus pics!


Noah's Circus Shirt


Noah & Daddy

me & my boy

some amazing acrobats

the Lion Tamer

the awesome elephants
Photobucket

No comments: