Monday, February 21, 2011

MMM Good, Monday {Donut Muffins}

As I was stalking reading Kevin and Amanda's blog last weekend, I came across this totally yummi-licious looking dessert, donut muffins.  Amanda first saw donut muffins while watching "The Best Thing I Ever Ate."  Then, she found a recipe on Fine Cooking.   


{photo by Kevin and Amanda}


Here's what you need for the muffins...
 
12 oz. (24 Tbs.) unsalted butter, warmed to room temperature 
1-3/4 cups sugar 
4 large eggs 
1 lb. 11 oz. (6 cups) all-purpose flour 
1 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. baking powder 
1/2 tsp. baking soda 
1-3/4 tsp. salt 
1 tsp. ground nutmeg 
1-2/3 cups milk 
1/4 cup buttermilk 


Here's what you need for the topping...


8 oz. (16 Tbs.) unsalted butter; more as needed 
2 cups sugar 
2 Tbs. ground cinnamon 


I will have to make these in the very near future...I'll let you know how they are! :)
Photobucket

No comments: