Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thrifty Thursday {My Dressing Table}

MY HOME ORGANIZATION PROJECT:  PART 2
This is my dressing table...


It's antique, French, with chippy paint, and I love it!  I got it about five years ago at a Flea Market for $35.  It opens in the middle like this...
& since it has a mirror, it was the perfect place for me to store my makeup!  However, my makeup had gotten very cluttered & I realized I hadn't gotten rid of any old makeup in a long time.  

My sweet hubby bought me this Sephora makeup kit for Christmas.  I can't find the exact one online now, but this one is very similar from Sephora...

And, this is what's inside...

It has everything I will ever need AND MORE!!!  When I began to clean out my makeup, here's what it looked like...

I had way too much stuff and it was way too cluttered!  So, I started by emptying out all the old makeup & completely cleaning out the inside.



Then, I put my new pink shelf liner on the bottom (that I got at Dollar Tree), and only put back what I needed on a daily basis.  I filled an antique white vase with clear pink hearts and added my makeup tools such as tweezers, eyebrow brush, etc.  Then, I used a cute box with Eiffle Towers on it (found at the Target Dollar Zone) to hold my liquid makeup, cover-up, and lipsticks.   Here is the final result...


Having my makeup organized (and pretty) makes my morning routines run much more smoothly!  
Photobucket

No comments: