Monday, January 3, 2011

New Blog Schedule

Happy 1st Monday of 2011, Friends!  I have finally decided on my new blogging schedule for the year.  I will TRY to keep it on track!


Mmmm Good Mondays ~ yummy treats for parties {cupcakes, desserts, cakes, etc}
Toddler Tuesdays ~ ideas for teaching, new products, & advice, for Mommies of toddlers & preschoolers
Wonderful Party Wednesdays
Thrifty Thursdays ~ organizing, decorating, crafting ideas to do on a budget
Fabulous Freebie Fridays
Weekend ~ dedicated to family news


Once a Month...
Giveaway
Free Printable Toddler Theme Packet


Ok...ready, set, GO!!!
Today's Mmmm Good Monday treat is  Serendipity 3's Famous FRRROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE!  When I was pregnant with Noah (3 years ago), my sweet husband took me on a trip to NYC & one of the main activities on my to-do list was to eat at Serendipity 3.  "Serendipity," starring Kate Beckinsale & John Cusack is one of my all-time fave movies & I LOVE seeing filming locations!  So, on our last day in NYC, we got up early to put our name on the list (you have to do that if you ever decide to go because it is VERY popular)!  Our name was called right around lunchtime & it was perfect.  Even though I am not a chocolate eater, Sam did order a Frrrozen Hot Chocolate so I could see it ~ so cute!


{I loved the sweet little cafe tables!}


{The window displays are always fabulous!}

If you would like to make your own Frrrrozen Hot Chocolate for an upcoming Winter party or just for a cozy evening at home, here's the original recipe...


INGREDIENTS:

  • 6 half-ounce pieces of a variety of your favorite chocolates
  • 2 teaspoons storebought hot chocolate mix
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 3 cups ice
  • Whipped cream
  • Chocolate shavings






PREPARATION:
Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place it in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring occasionally until melted. Add the cocoa and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended. Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
In a blender place the remaining cup of milk, the room temperature chocolate mixture, and the ice. Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri. Pour into a giant goblet and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Enjoy with a spoon or a straw. . . .or both!


AND, as I was browsing the Serendipity 3 site, I saw a book that will just have to go on my wish list (my birthday is Friday if any of my family or friends happen to be reading this) ha!  It's called Serendipity Parties and it looks really fun!

"I first came in because of the name, Serendipity.  It's such a nice sounding word for what it means, a fortunate accident."  ~Sara in Serendipity
Photobucket

1 comment:

Leverton Photography said...

Yay!!!! I've had soooo many people ask me for the recipe this, so I'm sending them all to your blog!!! Sooooo yummy!!!!