Monday, January 24, 2011

Mmm, Good Monday {Crock Pot Steak & Potatoes}

I just recently was introduced to an awesome blog, Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour.  Michelle, the blog's author, shares some amazing recipes and ideas for taking one day out of the week to make 5 dinners.  Then, she explains how to either refrigerate or freeze the meals until you are ready to cook them.  One recipe I found was for Crock Pot Steak and Potatoes.  The original site that featured that recipe was A Year of Slow Cooking.


I have to say, Sam & I were both skeptical if this idea would actually work, but I HAD to tell you that it DOES & it is DELICIOUS!!!  You simply must try this sometime.  It was one of the easiest dinners I had ever cooked and yet, we had steak, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob in the middle of the week!


This is how to do it...  {from A Year of Slow Cooking}
--1 1/1 lbs rib eye steak 
--1 T of your favorite seasoning rub

--1 T dried onion flakes (a fresh onion would be fine. I wasn't in a chopping mood.)
--2 T Worcestershire sauce 
--1/4 cup tequila (or broth, apple juice, etc.)   *** I used apple juice.

--2-4 potatoes

--2-4 ears of fresh corn
--aluminum foil 

In my 6 quart Smart Pot, I used 2 whole brown potatoes, and 4 ears of corn. I could have fit another potato in, probably.
 

The Directions.
 

Put meat in the bottom of the 
crockpot. Rub with seasoning and onion, and flip over to get the other side. Add tequila andWorcestershire sauce. 
Wash potatoes and cover with foil. Add to the pot. Shuck the corn, and wrap each ear in foil. Add to the crockpot.

It doesn't seem to matter if the potatoes are closer to the meat, or the corn. The new
crockpots heat from the sides as well as from the bottom, so everything will cook through regardless of location.
Cover and cook on high for 5-7 hours, or on low for about 8. I cooked our dinner for 6 hours on high. My crockpot was quite full.



This dinner comes highly recommended for your family anytime you're in the mood for steak!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jackie Koll said...

Thanks for posting this - I saw this recipe on that site as well and wasn't daring enough to try it but I think I might have to!!