Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesday {Potato Casserole}

We all know that other than counting our blessings this month, the other main thing November is known for...FOOD!!!  So, I will be featuring Thanksgiving recipes for my Tasty Tuesdays up until Thanksgiving (unless I see some yummy Christmas treat that I may have to share as well).

Today, I'm giving you a recipe that is famous in my family!  We enjoy it for birthdays, Holidays, and picnics!  It's one of my faves & my Lil' Turkey loves it too! (I had to change his name for the season) :)  It is so easy to make and requires very little ingredients (two big advantages for me)!


POTATO CASSEROLE




INGREDIENTS:
- 1 bag frozen Simply Potatoes (Hashed Browns)  **Tip: You can find these near the eggs at the store.
-2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
-1 container Sour Cream (16 oz)
-Corn Flakes
-1 Cup Shredded Cheese
-1/2 Stick Margarine


DIRECTIONS:
1. Grease a 9x13 pan.
2. Combine the cream of chicken soup & sour cream & set aside.
3.  Layer the potatoes, soup mixture, & shredded cheese.
4. Top with crushed Corn Flakes.
5.  Pour melted butter over entire mixture.
6.  Bake at 350 deg for 1 hour.


Click the picture to download the recipe card for your collection.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Christy said...

First, this looks A-maz-ing! Second, I got the precious Halloween cards I won last week (sorry for the delay, for some reason your website will only open on my laptop it's really weird, but I'm working on it....and I finally pulled it out so I can post). I'm planning on making little gifts for friends next year (yes, I plan that far ahead) and attaching the sweet cards, and I'll be sure to link back to your site and shop! Thanks again for hosting!

betsey at b.bar said...

OMG my family also uses almost the same recipe for our holiday meals! We love holiday potato casserole around our house, and every time someone new tries it they ask for the recipe. Definitely good stuff! Happy Holidays :)

Betsey at b.bar
www.bybbar.blogspot.com