Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thrifty Thursday {Kitchen Organization}

I'm slowly working on my Home Organization Project!  I finished my Great Pantry Clean-Out and added some helpful organizers in the house.  Take a look at what I have accomplished so far.


I took the advice of Jen from I Heart Organizing and hung a cute clipboard (found at Target for $1) from a pretty pink polka dot ribbon (say that 5 times fast).  I printed out several copies of my grocery list and menu, clipped them onto the board and hung a highlighter from the clip.  Now, when I run out of things, I highlight the item and when I'm ready to make my grocery list, everything is right there at my fingertips.


Here's a close-up of my clipboard.

For years, I have had this old chippy window hanging on my wall that we got out of an old farmhouse on Sam's farm in WV.  I now finally have a use for it.  I turned it into Family Organization Central.        

For the bottom two panes, I stapled plain white fabric to the back.  Then I added my vinyl calendar to one pane, purchased from Say it With Style on etsy.  I attached the vinyl to the back of the glass, so I can use my dry-erase markers to write our important dates on the front of the window.

On the other pane, I attached my vinyl menu, a customized weekly calendar from Say it With Style.  The shop's owner is so sweet to work with you on custom dimensions and wording!  So, after I make my meal plan for the week, I write it up on our calendar, and I can check back to see what's cooking in my kitchen each night!

After my pantry clean-out, I bought some big white tubs from Walmart to hold all our staples.  They are wonderful for organizing!  I then had to make them pretty, so I made some labels for a cute little touch.

Here's one of my tubs close up.

If you would like some labels too that you can simply print from home, I just added Customized Pantry Labels to my etsy shop.  You can get 10 customized pantry labels in the color, font, and size of your choice.  Regular price for these labels is $10.00, but for a limited time ONLY, you can get them for 30% off, making them $7.00.  







To order your custom pantry labels, click HERE!
Photobucket

No comments: