Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cupid's Flight~ Day 2

We are ready for another day of fun Valentine's sight-seeing!  However, we just have one stop to make today!  I realized that I never showed you any of my Valentine decor ~ silly me!  So, our first stop on our flight today is my house!  

I decided to design a fairytale-theme mantle this year for Valentine's Day.  {I love themes!}  I strung the banner from my SWEET HEART'S CAFE collection under our family picture.  I used this picture for Christmas and Valentine's Day because of the red.  In the middle of the mantle, I put my Princess sign that my hubby got me years ago.  I made a print with some of the lyrics to my favorite song of the moment, "Not Like the Movies," by Katie Perry.  With our wedding photo, a picture of my me & Noah with Snow White at Disney World, our crystal Cinderella coach wedding cake topper, and another coach, our theme was complete.  I got the "Be Mine" at the Target dollar zone and the branches were a Christmas gift from my aunt {they light up too}!    

Here's a close-up of my framed print.  The two dates are our wedding date and Noah's birthdate.

 I made this framed picture and quote for Mimi and Memaw.  I was inspired by Noah's Valentine's shirt I found this year at Baby Gap.  I typed out a little quote and left a spot for the heart.  It was made from Noah's thumbprints. I found white frames at the Target Dollar Zone {my fave place to shop, can you tell?}.  I added cute scrapbook paper for the background and solid scrapbook paper to frame the quote.  I loved it so much, I just HAD to make one for me too!  

For our Valentine's Day dinner, I made Pink Coconut Chicken.  I followed this recipe from Make 5 Dinners in One Hour and just added a few drops of red food coloring to the coconut to make it festive and pink.  We also had Love Potion to drink.  Well....Sam and I did, Noah didn't like the carbonated flavor, so he had plain Raspberry Lemonade.  

XOXO!  Have a blessed day!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Love all your Love Day sweetness!

Jenn said...

I love those thumb print hearts. So sweet!!!