Friday, November 19, 2010

My Mom's Birthday Party

A couple of weeks ago, we celebrated my Mom's (Mimi's) birthday at our house.  We both love the TV show, "Gilmore Girls," and I knew that's what the theme should be!  In the show, there is a cute little diner called Luke's, so that's what I centered the theme around.  I used the colors yellow, red, and white and used lots of red and white gingham in true diner fashion.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the show, it tells the story of a mother and daughter, Lorelai and Rory Gilmore.  My relationship with my Mom is very similar to the Gilmore's, & I am so blessed that we have such a close relationship!   I kept the theme a secret for weeks (not an easy task for me), but as soon as she saw the door sign, she knew! Take a look at the very simple decor!  

{the set-up}

{the napkin rings}

{the diner cups & fancy glass straws from Hobby Lobby}

{the centerpiece using one of my Dollar Tree glass creations}

{the menu on my chalkboard}

{Mimi & her blackberry cobbler, embellished with my 7.5" cake topper}

{Mimi & Me}
As part of Mimi's gift, I made us both shirts (mine says, "I'm a Rory," and her's says, "I'm a Lorelai").

{The Girls: Aunt Tanya, Mimi, me, & Memaw}  I couldn't have put the party together without all their hard work (& yummy food)!

{Our Lil' Monkey ~ the star of the show!}


So, happy birthday, Mimi!  We hope you had a great time in Stars Hollow for an evening!



1 comment:

betsey at b.bar said...

What a nice party - with a great theme, too! I love that show!

Betsey at b.bar
www.bybbar.blogspot.com