I've had several people comment on Noah's Rainbow Wonder Pets Cupcakes, so I thought I would post a tutorial about them today. I've seen several recipes for rainbow cupcakes, but I am allergic to red food coloring & I've been afraid to try it with Noah yet, so we altered our rainbow and made blue, green, and yellow cupcakes.
Here are your ingredients...
White Cake Mix
White Cupcake Liners
1. Mix up the cake mix & divide it into 3 bowls.
2. Add one color (blue, green, yellow) of food coloring to each bowl.
3. Fill a muffin tin with white liners.
4. Layer each color of mix into each liner. Try not to let the colors mix together.
5. Bake according to directions on box.
6. Ice cupcakes with white icing & top with rainbow sprinkles.
7. Add cupcake toppers.
For Noah's party, I put my cupcakes on my favorite Wilton cupcake tower that I bought at Hobby Lobby. You can also buy one here.
I used glue dots to attach polka dot ribbon in primary colors around the edges of the cupcake stand to dress it up a little. Then, on top, I used a glue dot to attach Noah's Wonder Pets Lego Schoolhouse. And, voila, "very serious"ly cute cupcakes!!!