So, I wasn't going to decorate for St. Patrick's Day this year because Easter is so early AND it is Noah's birthday, so I wanted to spend more time and energy for my Easter/Spring decorations. BUT, on a blog tour last night, I found so many cute ideas for St. Patrick's Day that I was inspired to create some of my own. So, off to the Dollar Tree I go. Even though I did find some things there, I had to go to Walmart to finish up my shopping list.
(1) Flickering LuckI wanted a hurricane globe ($3 at Walmart) for my mantle, so to dress up a plain white candle ($1.97 at Walmart), I bought green glass stones ($1 Dollar Tree) and added a sparkly green ribbon ($2 at Walmart) to the glass.
(2) Lucky BlocksI wanted to display the word, "lucky" on top of my media cabinet, so I raided Noah's playroom to find his blocks. First I just lined them up, but it needed something else. So I got 5 of my crystal dessert dishes and propped the blocks on top.
(3) Lucky BannerI made a banner for the bottom of my mantle spelling out my theme word, "lucky." I found a shamrock coloring page online & added the color and letters in my photo editing program. Then, I printed them, cut them out, and glued them to the middle of cheapo paper plates. I tied the letters together with cute green ribbon, and voila!
(4) Lucky CharmI had this cute frame just awaiting the right picture, so I found one of Noah last March with his "not lucky just cute" tee. Then, I raided my stash of scrapbook embellishments and found chipboard letters in the green/blue color scheme. I used glue dots (oh how I love thee) to attach the letters to the frame. Then, after the holiday is over, I can remove the letters and use the frame again.
(5) Shamrock CenterpieceWe have family staying with us right now, so I wanted a simple centerpiece for my dining table that wouldn't be in the way. So, I got out my antique sea green hobnail vase. I then made a template of a small shamrock and traced it onto some cute scrapbook paper. I attached the shamrocks to lollipop sticks and arranged them in my vase. I added cute ribbon around the vase and...instant centerpiece.