Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nifty Fifty Party



Today is my Aunt Tanya's 50th birthday! My family celebrated at my Memaw's house with a delicious Chicken 'n Dumpling Dinner, a Blackberry Pie, & cookies.

For her party, I created my "Shabby Nifty Fifty" party pack. Like me, Aunt Tanya is a shabby chic fan, so it is pink & black with toile and polka dots. I made napkin rings, drink cup labels, a birthday banner, door sign, and a customized birthday party hat for the birthday girl! Check out the photos below of our nifty fifty party!

the tablescape
I used my Rachel Ashwell shabby chic tablecloth to set the tone. Then, we got square pink paper plates, black plastic cups with my "50" cup labels, black napkins with my pink toile napkin rings, and the new cool plastic silverware that looks like sterling silver (i love those)!


the Birthday Girl's chair

I decorated Aunt Tanya's chair with a pink tulle bow with a pink fabric flower in the middle. I also made her a party hat. I learned how from a tutorial on the "Such Pretty Things" blog here.


the hat
I used pink polka-dot scrapbook paper, a black craft boa for the trim, and a black curly ribbon for the top. I replaced the elastic with cute black polka-dot ribbon.


the door sign
My Mom & I went at 11:00 pm to put this on my aunt's front door along with some balloons, and some signs along the road (we're so mean :)

the delicious Blackberry pie that my Memaw made
I made cake toppers using my slogan for the party. I attached the punches to bright pink straws instead of lollipop sticks.
Make a wish!



The printable "Shabby Nifty Fifty" party pack is available HERE

Happy Birthday, Aunt Tanya! I hope it was a memorable one!! ;)

No comments: